Case study: Ethical Choices at Choice House
Read the Case Study: Ethical Choices at Choice House.
- Describe the case briefly and the essential accounting issues at stake at Choice House.
- Using the COSO Internal Control—Integrated Framework Executive Summary, describe the internal control weaknesses. Provide your recommendation for how to tighten up the controls for Choice House based on the COSO summary.
- Provide your recommendations for Ashley to move forward with this difficult situation. Apply any relevant ethical theories in your recommendation.
- Your written paper should be full 5 pages in length not counting the title and reference pages, which you must include.
- Use terms, evidence, and concepts from class readings.
- You need to cite at least three sources for this assignment, outside of the textbook.
- Your paper must be formatted according to APA format.
- Reference: Weller, P. M., Poulson, L. L., & Nienhaus, B. J. (2017) Ethical choices at Choice House. IMA Educational Case Journal, 10(3), 1-4.
Chapters 9, 10, & 11 in Ethics in Accounting: A Decision-Making Approach
Guénin-Paracini, H., Malsch, B., & Tremblay, M. (2015). On the operational reality of auditors’ independence: Lessons from the field. Auditing: A Journal of Practice & Theory, 34(2), 201-236.
Kaya, H. D., & Banerjee, G. (2015). The short-term and long-term impacts of Sarbanes-Oxley Act on independence and compensation of corporate board of directors. Journal of Global Business Issues, 9(1), 1-9.
Roy, M. N., & Saha, S. S. (2016). Relationship of statutory auditors’ competence and independence with audit quality. Vilakshan: The XIMB Journal of Management, 13(1), 61-80.
Păunescu, M. (2015). The quality of independent auditors reports – is it room for improvement? Audit Financiar, 13(130), 61-68.
Spillane, D. K. (2015). PCAOB and SEC referrals to the office of professional discipline. CPA Journal, 85(5), 48-53.
Ethicsboard.org (2005). Revised code of ethics – completed. Retrieved from https://www.ethicsboard.org/projects/revised-code-ethics-completed
Klein, G. (2016). Ethics in accounting: A decision-making approach. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.