Professional Legal Issues with Medical and Nursing Professionals
- * From the scenario, analyze the different and overlapping general roles of physicians and nurses as they apply to professional credentialing and subsequent patient safety and satisfaction. Determine the major ways in which these overlapping roles may help play a part in health professional credentialing processes and conduct, and identify and analyze the ethical role these influences play in health care.
- Analyze the major professional roles played by physicians and nurses as they apply to physicians’ conduct in the medical arena and to nurses in the role of adjuncts to physicians. Evaluate the degree and quality of care that physicians, nurses, and medical technologists provide in their primary roles, including, but not limited to, patient safety and satisfaction as required in 21st Century U.S. hospitals.
2Conducting an environmental analysis on an organization prior to developing a strategy is important. One way that health care managers conduct an environmental analysis is by identifying key industry-driving forces such as consumer demand, technological changes, workforce availability, and political changes.
Complete the following for this assignment:
- Research the concept of an environmental analysis, and discuss its importance in 1–2 pages.
- In 4–5 pages, identify and explain at least 2 driving forces in the health care industry and how they can change one of the following niche markets in health care:
- Urgent care
- Long-term care
- Hospital systems
- Skilled nursing facilities
- Home health agency
The use of APA style and format is required. The use of at least 2 scholarly sources is required.