Applying Law of Demand to Healthcare Services
Pick one of the healthcare entities listed below and assume you were just hired as a healthcare manager. Please be sure to use title headers in your paper corresponding to the three areas below. Using what you have learned so far about demand theory write a 4 to 5 page report (double-spaced) addressing the following questions:
1. Describe the demand curve for the services you provide and the sensitivity of the demand for your services to changes in its price? (e.g. elastic, inelastic) Explain why. Include a discussion of the implications of health insurance coverage for your services provided.
2. Identify potential substitutes and complements for your services and their impact on the demand curve?
3. Explain the factors that might lead to a shift in the demand curve for your service?
Choose one of the following health care entities to discuss the questions above:
a. Non-profit hospital
b. Ambulatory Surgery center
d. Physician’s Office
e. Cosmetic Surgery Center
f. Dental Office
g. Laser Eye Center
Written projects must:
- be double-spaced, in 12-point Times New Roman or Arial font, with margins no wider than one inch
- have a title page with your name, the course name, the date, and the instructor’s name.
- have a bibliography of sources used. You may not cite Wikipedia as a research source.
- be prepared using word processing software (Microsoft Word preferred). Projects may not be submitted in pdf or docm
The first text for this course is written by Mayer, “Everything Economics”.
Access the text via the following link (need to copy and paste into web browser).
http://ezproxy.umuc.edu/login?url=http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=nlebk&AN=418083&site=eds-live&scope=site&profile=edsebook ( let me know if you are not able to access it)
The second textbook is: Economic Theory Through Application
And can be found at:
90 % or more
|The student demonstrates a thorough understanding of economic issues and can answer all 3 sections of the question relevant to the analysis. All three of the sections are accurately defined and discussed in the context of the assignment. The student draws accurate conclusions for each of section of the question. Writing quality: Writes clearly, concisely, and with few errors. Easy to understand.|
Note: Paper should be professional in APA format with no plagiarism