For this discussion, you are asked to review the student learning outcomes for this course and discuss how you met these outcomes. The intention here is to provide you an opportunity to “reflect” on the learning achieved during this term and how you successfully met these learning outcomes. If you do not feel you successfully met the objective, discuss your plans to successfully complete the objective in the future.
Upon completion of this course, the student should be able to:
1. Critically analyze current practice to formulate researchable problems.
2. Evaluate research as the basis for decision-making to improve outcomes through translation into evidence-based practice.
3. Synthesize an understanding of the research process through development of a proposal to address a nursing problem or focus area identified in nursing practice.
4. Investigate ethical issues related to the conduct of scientific research, including informed consent, data management, data analysis, and protection of human subjects.
5. Explore national and international initiatives and research priorities.
I believe that several of these course objectives were accomplished throughout the class. We were taught to critically analyze current practice and then create a researchable issue. In developing that problem into a research study proposal we were able to achieve an understanding of the research process which allowed an introduction to ethical issues and national/international initiatives. As nurses, we know that evidence-based practice would not be achievable without research studies. Research has limitless opportunities and I’m thankful that this course has given me a better understanding of what research really entails to develop evidence-based practice and treatment guidelines. Investigating ethical issues I believe this goal was accomplished but I believe ethnical issues and information can always be expanded. The more you know with this I believe the better you can care for your patients. Lastly for exploring national and international initiatives and research priorities I believe this was partially met. I feel I got a good start on it but there is always room for improvement. I can do this by researching more into these areas locally and nationally. This class has definitely expanded my knowledge on research. I enjoyed reading my classmates post as well which helped in learning some the material in this class.
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”