Health Information System
Textbook for Reference: click here for more information on this paper
Wager, K. A. (2013). Health Care Information Systems: A Practical Approach for Health Care Management, 3e
Instructions: I rather hear about your experiences, experiences of others you know, opinions and ideas when answering the following questions. Must write up from 75 to 150 word count.
- What is the systems-development life cycle? Why is it important to the selection of an information system?
- The SDLC (system development life cycle) involves several phases.The implementation phase can be the most challenging and it is the phase that is at most risk of failure. Why is the implementation phase at such risk for failure?
- Third is the Implementation Phase; in this phase, the system is installed and evaluated in the organization’s operational environment.”
What are some common challenges that occur during the “go-live” or implementation stages of an information technology project? Other than staff training, how can these challenges be minimized?
- The SDLC also needs to be in alignment with the strategy of an organization. However, creating a cost-efficient information technology system that is in alignment with strategic goals of the organization can be a major challenge. Which department in a health care organization is frequently in charge of planning the development of an information technology system? What is their primary role?
- Determining the scope of an information technology project can be overwhelming. What is a good first step in identifying the scope of an IT project?
- What is an electronic medical record (EMR)? Describe how an EMR system can advance the strategies of a health care provider organization
- Imagine you have been selected to consult for a prestigious health care organization. Your ultimate goal is to develop a proposal to present to the board of the organization. At their last meeting, the board asked you to prepare a proposal on how the organization might adopt a technology trend to improve the quality of the health care delivered to organization members.
Research various types, uses, and effects of technology across the health care industry.
Write a 350-700 word summary describing various types and uses of technology across the health care industry and their impact. Also, identify the technology trend you will recommend for the health care organization.
Cite at least two peer-reviewed references from the University Library.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
To clarify: click here for more information on this paper
- Include a title page
- Include an introduction and a conclusion.
- Use section headings in accordance with APA standards for organization.
- Cite and reference at least two peer-reviewed articles in the paper.
- Develop in-text citations and references according to APA standards.
- Reference page must be formatted on APA format.
- You have been selected to participate in a prestigious internship in a health care organization by working for the chief information officer (CIO). Your internship consists of a series of projects you will complete throughout this course.
Consider the following scenario:
- In the first week of your internship, the CIO approaches your team and asks you to research electronic health records (EHRs). She says, “I must give a presentation at a staff meeting next week, and I’d like you to complete the research and create the slides and notes for me. The presentation must focus on EHRs, which our organization is considering implementing. Please be thorough with the speaker notes.”
The CIO adds that you must consider the privacy and security implications of adopting the EHRs.
Develop an 2- slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® slide presentation that includes the information the CIO requested in the scenario.
List major points in the slides. Include detailed explanations in the speaker notes that correlate to each point.
- The presentation must include detailed speaker’s notes, which become the script of the presentation. Use the speaker’s notes section below each slide to present a discussion of your findings. The notes must be written in well defined paragraphs. The notes must be written as you would write content for an APA-formatted research paper.
- Cite all information in the speaker’s notes from outside resources according to APA standards.
- Develop all in-text citations and references according to APA standards.
Include videos, audio, photos, diagrams, or graphs as appropriate.