HLTIN403C: Diploma of Nursing- Infection Control- Nursing Essay Writing Assignment Help
You are the Enrolled Nurse who is the infection control representative in your clinical area. This infection control representative is also a member and participant of the infection control team for the health care facility. As an infection control representative and member of the infection control team, please answer the following questions in Part one and Part two.
You need to address each of the questions in part one, but need to write this as an academic essay. It needs to have an introduction, a body which includes a discussion around each of the questions from 1-10 and then a conclusion. As this is an academic discussion with the reader, there needs to be reference to literature in order to ensure best practice guidelines have been used in your discussion to validate your nursing practice.
This part is short answer. You need to pick from the list of hazards supplied – three hazards and then answer questions 1-5 for each hazard. Please note that you only need to answer question 3 regarding the hierarchy of control for only one of the hazards. Please review the key words in each question as they provide you with information around how much information you will need to provide in order to address each question.
Answer the following questions:
1. Discuss standard precautions you should follow in the workplace. How do you convey this information to the workplace?
2. Discuss additional precautions that you follow on the workplace. How would you monitor the performance of staff and implement improvements if required?
3. Discuss how often and when you should you wash your hands and how do you convey this to the worksite?
4. List 3 examples of contaminated equipment / items that could be found in the workplace.
5. Describe the usage of gloves and list 3 occasions on which you should wear gloves in a healthcare setting and describe how would you monitor the performance of staff and implement improvements in practice if required?
6. Discuss sharps and safe disposal of these items. How would you monitor the performance of staff and implement improvements in practice if required?
7. Where would you find the regulations for the disposal of contaminated items? How do you convey this information to the workplace?
8. Explain how you would apply the hierarchy of risk control measures to infection control.
9. Outline how infection control is affected by client confidentiality requirements?
10. Describe how infection control practices can help improve opportunities for waste minimisation, environmental responsibility and sustainable practice issues in health care organisations.
From the following list of hazards pick three (3) and:
1. Identify the related risks to people
2. Describe the workplace procedure that deals with controlling the infection risk. Ensure you are clear about the tasks and responsibility.
3. Apply the hierarchy of control to one of them and list the strategies you would use.
4. Describe what you would consider when briefing your team about the requirements pertaining to policy and procedures for infection control.
5. Describe the process of monitoring the implementation of the policy.
List of hazards:
• Human waste and human tissue
• Personal contact with infectious patients
• Animals, insects and vermin
• Stock, including food which has passed its used by date
• Incorrect concentration of disinfectants and chemicals
• Cleaning procedures
• Linen handling procedures
• Use of protective clothing
• Food safety
• Personal hygiene
Completion of practical skills in VPC book while on Placement.