Rubric for Final Exam Prompt #2:
For this part of your final exam, you will be graded on the following:
- Clearly states what type of transformation is being discussed/outlined, highlighting personal significance: 5 points.
- Situates a well-written, clear, and strong thesis in their essay: 10 points.
- Organizes a clear train of thought in their writing; i.e., introduction, body/analysis, and conclusion. Writing is also clear and doesn’t digress nor confuse: 5 points.
- Writer’s voice is clear throughout and doesn’t summarize the readings; develops their own ideas: 5
- Shows strong textual and contextual comprehension regarding the issues/essay, which is conveyed through their writing: 10 points.
- Engages and references at least one of the assigned readings from Week 15; the quote is thoughtfully analyzed and impactfully integrated in the essay and is sandwiched: 5 points.
- Discusses the importance of transformation, whether societal or individual, during crises – can be connected to the pandemic: 5 points.
- Meets 800-word requirement and pays attention to syntax, sentence structure, word choices: 5 points.