Violent Media Is Good for Kids Questions
1. In his final paragraph, Gerard jones mentions the Victorian treatment of sexuality. Why does he bring this in? Does his use of this point make for an effective ending? Explain
2. In an essay of 300 words, explain whether you think jones has made the case for violence in an effective and persuasive way. If so, what is it about his article that makes it effective and persuasive? If it is not, where do the problems lie?
3. What kinds of violence does jones advocate?
4. Does violence play as large a part in the life of teenage girls as it does in the life of teenage boys? Why, or why not?
5. How would you characterize the audience jones is addressing? What is your evidence?