Select one of the following ethical issues in healthcare from the following choices:
- Gender selection in human embryos
- Stem cell transplants
- Foregoing curative medical treatment due to religious beliefs
- Futility of care
- Abortion after six months.
Conduct research on your chosen topic. Based on your research, provide the history of the issue from a legal, ethical, and moral perspective. In your paper address the following questions:
- Do the consequences of actions always direct what is morally required?
- What should happen when two principles come into conflict? For example, should patient autonomy be considered more important than beneficence? Defend your position.
- Are moral and ethically rules always binding, or are they only guidelines to be assessed in each case? Defend your position.
Your paper should meet the following requirements: