Ashford 4: – Week 3 – Discussion 1
Your initial discussion thread is due on Day 3 (Thursday) and you have until Day 7 (Monday) to respond to your classmates. Your grade will reflect both the quality of your initial post and the depth of your responses. Reference the Discussion Forum Grading Rubric for guidance on how your discussion will be evaluated.
Philosophy of Education
Prepare: Read the articles “Philosophy as Translation: Democracy and Education from Dewey to Cavell” and “Philosophy as Education and Education as Philosophy: Democracy and Education from Dewey to Cavell”by Saitofrom the EBSCOhost database in the Ashford University Library.
Reflect: As you take notes on the two articles, think about the importance of understanding the philosophy behind taking general education courses and how your courses have taught you academic integrity, global citizenship, and cultural sensitivity.
Write: For this discussion, respond to the following prompts:
- Describe the implications Stanley Cavell’s ordinary language philosophy has on democracy and education. Provide an example of ordinary language philosophy.
- Examine the ideas of mutual reflection and mutual understanding as it relates to cultural differences.
- Share a learning experience of an ethical or moral lesson based on John Dewey’s quote: “democracy must begin at home.” Explain how that experience has influenced your level of integrity while receiving your education.
- Support your claims with examples from required material(s) and/or other scholarly sources, and properly cite any references.
- Your initial post should be at least 250 words in length.
Respond to Peers: Review your classmates’ posts, and respond to at least two of your peers by Day 7. Comment on how your peer explained the key concepts of democracy, philosophy of education, and their view on understanding cultural differences. Each participation post should be a minimum of 75 words.
Submit Your Assignment and get professional help from our qualified experts!
Examine the ideas of mutual reflection and mutual understanding as it relates to cultural differences. was first posted on July 18, 2019 at 9:32 am.
©2019 "Submit Your Assignment". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org