- Select feminist theory or empowerment theory. Summarize the underlying principles and values of the theory in 3 to 4 brief sentences.
- Analyze the extent to which the underlying principles and values of the theory are consistent with the NASW Code of Ethics in 3 to 4 brief sentences.
- Briefly describe a client from your fieldwork experience and their presenting problem in 2 to 3 sentences using the theory you selected.
- Identify one ethical standard from the NASW Code of Ethics that would apply to the client you described. Explain how the theory is consistent with the work you did with the client and the ethical standard.
- Explain how theories help inform social work competencies related to engaging with diversity and difference and advancing human rights and social, economic, and environmental justice.
us references below
Turner, F. J. (Ed.). (2017). Social work treatment: Interlocking theoretical approaches (6th ed.). New York, NY: Oxford University Press.
Chapter 9: Empowerment Approach to Social Work Treatment (pp. 142–165)
Chapter 11: Feminist Theory and Social Work Practice (pp. 191–208)
National Association of Social Workers. (2017). Code of ethics of the National Association of Social Workers. Retrieved from https://www.socialworkers.org/About/Ethics/Code-of-Ethics/Code-of-Ethics-English
Document: Theory Into Practice: Four Social Work Case Studies (PDF)
Sommers-Flanagan, J., & Sommers-Flanagan, R. (2014). Counseling and psychotherapy theories in context and practice [Video file]. Retrieved from http://www.psychotherapy.net.ezp.waldenulibrary.org/stream/waldenu/video?vid=277
This week, watch the “Feminist Therapy” segment by clicking the applicable link under the “Chapters” tab.
Submit Your Assignment and get professional help from our qualified experts!
Explain how the theory is consistent with the work you did with the client and the ethical standard. was first posted on July 17, 2019 at 9:09 am.
©2019 "Submit Your Assignment". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org