1. Explain whether the theory uses deductive, inductive or retroductive reasoning. Provide evidence to support your conclusion.
2. Describe the major concepts of the theory.Â How are they defined? (theoretically and/or operationally) Is the author consistent in the use of the concepts and other terms in the theory?
3. Interpret how the concepts are defined.Â Implicitly or explicitly?
4. Examine the relationships (propositions) among the major concepts.
1. Identify explicit and implicit assumptions (values/beliefs) underlying the theory. On what assumptions does the theory build?
2. Examine if the theory has a description of the four concepts of the nursing metaparadigm. If so, how are they explained in the theory? If the metapardigm is not explained, what elements do you see as relevant to the theory and why?
3. Discuss the clarity of the theory.Â Did it have lucidness and consistency? 20
1. Examine how the theory would guide nursing actions.
2. Describe specifically how you can use this theory in your area of nursing (Practice, Education, Informatics or Administration).
Free of grammatical, spelling or punctuation errors. Citations and references are written in correct APA Style. 20