This assignment must be submitted to TurnItIn. No coping material
Health Education, Health Promotion, Health Education Specialists, and Program Planning, Implementation and Evaluation
Week 1 – Discussion: Health Education, Health Promotion, Health Education Specialists, and Program Planning, Implementation and Evaluation
Post Discussion: Health Education, Health Promotion, Health Education Specialists, and Program Planning, Implementation and Evaluation
“Health promotion takes into account that human behavior is not only governed by personal factors, but also the structure of the environment” (Vogele, 2005, p. 272).
Based on this quote, define health promotion and the specific factors that have an effect on it, i.e.,
· How do you define good health and health promotion?
· What is the specific role of the Health Education Specialist in regard to Health Promotion?
QUESTION #2 400words
Week 1 – Discussion: The Needs Assessment Process
Post Discussion: The Needs Assessment Process
1. Identify evidence for a rationale that justifies a health program;
Health education specialists and program planners need epidemiological research knowledge and statistical skills to:
2. Verify need in the needs assessment; and
3. Determining effective program implementation and evaluation methods and process. This is perhaps, most important item to gain funding to pay for the program.
What is your topic? Explain how you chose your topic.
Describe the epidemiological data that you have found that shows need for your program.
What were the measures and methodologies used to describe your program topic?
Describe the type of data, epidemiological rates, or type of research statistics of interest and importance found that describe your health promotion project.
Use template (Attached) to answer to answer this question.
Assignment: Public Health Programs (Part 1): Introduction & Needs Assessment
Submit Assignment: Public Health Programs (Part 1): Introduction & Needs Assessment
Public Health Promotion Program Plan Template
Use the template provided to complete this assignment.