The purpose of this assignment is to provide the student an opportunity to design a health promotion proposal specific to your role specialization.
Each student will write a scholarly paper that demonstrates graduate school level writing and critical analysis of existing nursing knowledge. The paper will be a minimum of 12 pages and maximum of 15 pages, using APA style.
There are multiple sections to the project. These include:
- Identification of a specific health promotion topic, along with a well-defined target population. This will be due in Week 1.
- Critically analyze the current literature related to this topic, which is due in Week 2.
- Create an intervention plan for the identified problem, which is due in Week 4.
- Create an evaluation plan for the intervention, which is due in Week 5, along with all other project sections.
The final project is due in Week 5 and will be composed of the above sections which you will adjust weekly based upon the feedback from your facilitator. All sections will be submitted in one document. Additional explanation for each section is provided in the relevant week’s directions.
- Clearly describe the health promotion/disease prevention problem specific to the target population.
- Explain how the selected problem applies to advanced practice in the student’s role option.
- Critically analyze the current literature related to interventions that address the problem related to communities from nursing, the sciences, and humanities.
- Select an appropriate health promotion/disease prevention theoretical framework that applies to the problem.
- Design an intervention to address the problem in the selected population/setting using appropriate epidemiological, social, and environmental assessments.
- Design an evaluation plan to measure efficacy of the proposed intervention.
Choosing Your Topic
The frist step in the project is to identify a topic appropriate for a health promotion project. There are multiple areas to look for acceptable projects, such as the Health People 2020 site, The Institute of Medicine, Centers for Disease Control (CDC), National Institute of Nursing Research (NINR), Agency for Health Care Research and Quality (AHRQ), and current literature in the South University library.
You may also want to look at the websites for professional nursing organizations who may also have listings of health promotion priorities.
If you have any difficulty in identifying the topic, please talk to your instructor. Once you are clear on the area of interest, narrow the topic to something that is specific and measureable. For example, if you are interested in the care of the elderly, you may want to focus on a project to lessen the fall rate for the elderly.
Week 1 Project Task:
Prepare a proposal in the form of a two-page paper which describes a detailed plan for the project.
|Assignment 3 Grading Criteria||Maximum Points|
|Identified an appropriate goal for health promotion.||10|
|Developed or proposed a specific, narrow, and focused intervention to address the goal.||10|
|Provided an explanation of the importance of the project relative to the students’ future advanced practice role.||10|
|Developed a plan to identify the needed data and information for creation of the project.||10|
|Followed APA Guidelines||10|