As the professional nurse, you realize that your nursing care area often sees patients with the same particularly challenging nursing care issue (NOT medical care issue). Include allof the following in your answer to this discussion:
- Identify the nursing care issue or problem and justify why it is a nursing care issue in need of implementation of evidence. Remember, this should not be a medical issue.
- Explain how you would search the nursing literature for evidence on this topic (including search terms you would use) and how you would critically appraise the evidence found in your search. NOTE: You do not need to perform the search and provide an article for this discussion, but you may do so if you like.
- Nursing Roles in Quality Improvement.
How do nurses promote patient safety and improve quality at your workplace? How do you report errors and near misses? What changes would you suggest be made on your unit or facility to improve a non-punitive culture of safety?
- Leadership in Diverse Situations
Nurses demonstrate leadership in many situations. For this discussion, select one of the following situations that you have not previously experienced and tell us how the nurse would demonstrate leadership in that situation:
- Communicating with legislators to influence health policy1
- Clinical leadership at the bedside
- Nursing management of units or facilities
- Impact of systems-based practice on leadership
- Use of Informatics in Professional Nursing.
How do you use informatics and technology in your nursing practice? How do you see that use changing in the future? What ethical issues have arisen or might arise from use of technology and informatics in professional nursing?