Assume that you are a Quality
Officer who is responsible for one of the state’s largest healthcare
organizations. You have been told that the quality of patient care has decreased,
and you have been assigned a project that is geared toward increasing quality
of care for the patients. Your Chief Executive Officer has requested a six to
eight-page summary of your recommended initiatives.
Note: You may create and /or make all necessary assumptions needed for the completion of this assignment.
Write a 6-8 page paper in which you:
1. Analyze three (3) quality initiatives for your organization.
2. Determine the supporting factors that would aid in the reduction of healthcare cost in your organization without reducing quality of care for the patients.
3. Differentiate between quality in a free market healthcare system and in single payer government system with three (3) examples for each.
4. Specify three (3) common law quality initiatives that are still found in 21st century healthcare organizations.
5. Defend your position on the importance of healthcare quality for your organization. Provide support with at least three (3) examples that illustrate your position.
6. Assemble a plan to protect patient information that complies with all legal requirements.
7. Use at least three (3) quality references.Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
Be typed, double spaced, using
Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations
and references must follow APA specific
format. Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the
student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover
page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page
Unformatted Attachment Preview
HIQ 1 Abstract An abstract is a brief, comprehensive summary of the contents of a paper. It allows readers to quickly review the key elements of a paper without having to read the entire document. This can be helpful for readers who are searching for specific information and may be reviewing many documents. The abstract may be one of the most important paragraphs in a paper because readers often decide if they will read the document based on information in the abstract. An abstract may not be required in some academic papers; however, it can still be an effective method of gaining the reader’s attention. The following sentences serve as an example of what could be composed as an abstract for this paper. The basic elements of APA Style will be reviewed including formatting of an APA Style paper, in-text citations, and a reference list. Additional information will address the components of an introduction, how to write effective paragraphs, and elements of a summary and conclusion section of a paper. 2 APA Style Paper Template: A Resource for Academic Writing APA (American Psychological Association) Style is most commonly used to cite sources within the social sciences. APA Style is used when writing papers. This document serves as an APA Style template to use when writing your own papers, as well as a resource containing valuable information that can be used when writing academic papers. For more information on APA Style, learners can refer to the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (American Psychological Association, 2010a). The author demonstrates in the first section of this paper, how an introduction effectively introduces the reader to the topic of the paper. In APA Style, an introduction never gets a heading. For example, this section did not begin with a heading titled “introduction”, similar to the following section, which is titled “writing an effective introduction”. The following section will explain in greater detail a model that can be used to effectively write