Learning Plan 04
LP04 Assignment: Memo
Directions: Review the scenario below and compose a memo in response.
are the Campus Health Coordinator for National American University’s
campus health center. The normal working hours are M – F from 8am – 5pm.
However, fewer students come to the campus health center over the
summer, so the Campus President has decided to change the summer hours
to M – F from 9 am – 3 pm. This change will be in effect from June 1st –
September 1st. It’s currently May 15th. The Campus President has asked
you, as Campus Health Coordinator, to write a memo to the part-time
staff informing them of this change. In addition, you need to keep in
mind that these employees are paid by the hour. Write a memo that explains the reasoning behind this change in hours and also addresses the concerns of the employees.
The memo must contain the following:
- Memo contains proper heading format (a “To” line, a “From” line, a “Date” line, and a “Subject” line).
- Memo contains a well thought-out “Subject” line that describes the memos purpose.
- Memo describes a brief overview of the situation to your audience.
- Memo addresses the potential concerns of staff.
- Memo concludes with a brief summary or call to action, depending on the solution you proposed.
- Memo is concise and well-organized.
- Memo uses appropriate tone and language.
- Memo is 1 page in length.
- Memo is free of grammar, spelling, and punctuation errors.
Submit this assignment to your instructor via the dropbox “LP04 Assignment: Memo.” This assignment is worth 90 points and will be graded according to the following scoring guide:
Learning Plan 05
LP05.1 Assignment: Compare/Contrast First Draft
Directions: For your first essay, you will write a paper using the compare and contrast strategy you learned in Learning Plan 05 (refer to page 233 in your textbook for suggested topics). Write your essay in a Word document. Your essay should include the following elements:
- Essay should be 2-3 pages in length (excluding the title page)
- Include a title page in proper APA format
- Text should be double-spaced
- One-inch margins should be at the left, right, top, and bottom of each page
- 12 point font
- Times New Roman font
- Indent paragraphs five spaces
- Topic is focused
- Purpose is clear; a specific audience is addressed
- Thesis statement focuses on one central point or issue, is one sentence in length, and is precise and interesting
- Smooth transitions
- Research incorporated should be properly cited in APA
- Remember: do not write in first person point of view
- Grammatical, spelling, and punctuation errors are minimal