This assignment consists of both an interview and a PowerPoint (PPT) presentation.
Select a community of interest. It is important that the community selected be one in which a CLC group member currently resides. Students residing in the chosen community should be assigned to perform the physical assessment of the community.
- Perform a direct assessment of a community of interest using the “Functional Health Patterns Community Assessment Guide.”
- Interview a community health and public health provider regarding that person’s role and experiences within the community.
Interviews can take place in-person, by phone, or by Skype. Complete the “Provider Interview Acknowledgement Form” and submit with the group presentation.
Develop one set of interview questions to gather information about the role of the provider in the community and the health issues faced by the chosen community.
Compile key findings from the interview, including the interview questions used, and submit with the group presentation.
Within your group, create a PowerPoint presentation of 15-20 slides (slide count does not include title and reference slide) describing the chosen community interest.
Include the following in your presentation:
- Description of community and community boundaries: the people and the geographic, geopolitical, financial, educational level, ethnic, and phenomenological features of the community as well as types of social interactions, common goals and interests, barriers, and challenges, including any identified social determinates of health.
- Summary of community assessment: (a) funding sources and (b) partnerships.
- Summary of interview with community health/public health provider.
- Identification of an issue that is lacking or an opportunity for health promotion. The issue identified can be used for the Community Teaching Plan: Community Teaching Work Plan Proposal assignment.
- A conclusion summarizing your key findings and a discussion of your impressions of the general health of the community.
In addition to submitting this assignment in the LoudCloud dropbox, email a copy of your submission to RNBSNclientcare@gcu.edu.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are not required to submit this assignment to Turnitin.
When submitting this assignment, include the interview questions, the interview findings, completed “Provider Interview Acknowledgement Form,” and the community assessment PPT presentation.