Health Information Technology Issues
Research and write a short evaluative summary of four ethical or legal issues related to health information technology (two examples include HIPAA and social networking). List the stakeholders, how each is affected, and what you recommend.
Discussion Participation Grading Rubric
Applies relevant course concepts, theories, or materials correctly.
Collaborates with fellow learners, relating the discussion to relevant course concepts.
Applies relevant professional, personal, or other real-world experiences.
Supports position with applicable knowledge.
Affordable Care Act
Presently, the United States government, in conjunction with both the public and private healthcare sectors, is working toward implementing the law.
For this week, please review the major provisions of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) on page 193 of your textbook and formulate an initial post with the following criteria:
- Choose one provision that is most important and discuss why implementation will make congruent improvements to the current U.S. system.
- Discuss which provisions you believe will be difficult to achieve or implement because of the inherent challenges in the current U.S. healthcare landscape; please name and describe those challenges.
- Lastly, what has been left out of these major provisions? Had you been able to meet with congressional members, what would you have lobbied to include in the act?
- Must be 150 Words or more
- APA format
- Cite references in paragraphs