In this assessment you will create a 500word reflective journal in which you compare different cultural or environmental perspectives. Explain the role of society and caregivers in development by considering the interaction of the major themes as factors influencing the developmental physical, cognitive and psychosocial pathways:
- Health and Well-Being
- Family and Parenting
- Culture and Gender
Begin by reflecting on your own opinions of appropriate infant care within your chosen topic. Then, address this hypothetical situation.
- If you were to bring home a brand new baby today, how would your culture (race, ethnicity, traditions, etc.) or the context of your environment (i.e. your age, your living situation, your career, and your education/financial situation) influence the decisions you would make regarding infant care (i.e. bonding, sleeping, feeding, vaccinations, and/or fathers’ roles)?
- After describing a few specific examples of how your own culture or environmental context would influence parenting an infant today, choose one of the following:
- pick a culture different from your own and give two to three examples of how it might influence infant care decisions, or
- explain how your view of appropriate infant care might change if you altered one or two aspects of your environment.
- Explain at least two similarities and two differences between the cultures or environmental contexts you’ve identified in regards to how they influence infant care.
· You are required to utilize at least one scholarly source for this Journal. These may include but are not limited to, the articles and multimedia in the required and recommended resources for Week Two. You must cite all sources used (including the video embedded above) in APA format as outlined out by the Ashford Writing Center. (If you are unsure how to create an APA style reference list, please visit the Citation and Reference page on the Ashford Writing Center website.) View this great tutorialprovided by the Ashford University Library which will show you how to find scholarly articles and how to assess the scholarly quality of the resource.