The CTO has hired WZW consultancy to analyse the complete supply chain for Ocean Blue and provide recommendations and a strong strategy how it should establish future suppliers and an supply chain for current and future global customers. The research should consider the following:
- What is the current Blue Ocean supply chain and how does it impact the company?
- Does the company operate a lean and agile supply chain, if not what needs to be implemented to improve this situation?
- How can the company manage its current and future suppliers?
- What processes should be implemented to create a long-term strong supplier base i.e. supplier framework?
- Investigate the complexity of manufacturing vs customer demands – how could standardisation help here?
- How can the company implement a sales forecast system to ensure stock levels remain at the level to avoid last minute ordering and delays in vehicle builds?
- What, if any, is the impact to manufacturing by making the product local to the customer base or expanding the current manufacturing location in Germany?
- How can we establish a returns process to improve customer satisfaction?
Your role is to produce a written report to help Ocean Blue answer these questions above. It is expected to be supported by academic references throughout.