Your journal is expected to be a 5-paragraph essay:
- Introduction to include: day, time, location of service as well as organization
- Description of service and your role
- Reflection of experience using reflection questions provided below
- Connect service to UN Global Sustainability Goals, Catholic Social Teaching, LRC Mission or your field of study.
- Conclusion to include: what was learned and impacts
Service Learning Reflection Questions
Use those questions that are of interest to you or appropriate to your service to write your journal entry. Note: do not type these questions verbatim into your journal. They are to be used to guide your reflection and should be woven into the narrative of your journal.
- What were your initial expectations about the service learning experience? Have these expectations changed? How? Why?
- Describe a person you encountered in the community you served who made a strong impression on you, positive or negative.
- What about your community involvement was an eye-opening or surprising experience for you?
- Explain how your view of the population with whom you worked has changed as a result of your service.
- What did you do that seemed to be effective or ineffective in the community?
- What sorts of things made you feel uncomfortable when you were working with the community?
- What was the most difficult or satisfying part of the experience and why?
- Describe any disappointments or successes related to your service experience.
- How has your service experience affected your worldview?
- Describe the benefits of engaging in service work.
- How are the values of LRC expressed through service learning? What is the relationship between the college’s values and your own?
Submit Your Assignment and get professional help from our qualified experts!
What was the most difficult or satisfying part of the experience and why? was first posted on July 11, 2019 at 11:53 am.
©2019 "Submit Your Assignment". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at email@example.com